Photo credit: Shawna Baker Photography
Values, Vision, and Mission
- Adaptive and nimble: Understanding that the future is "cascading change," the organization is constantly evolving, we recognize that our future is shaped by the actions we take today.
- Respectful: Active listening, appreciating diversity and recognizing different forms of expertise and skills.
- Collaborative: Transparency through sharing information and ideas to accelerate learning and improve outcomes.
- Learning culture: Encouraging innovation and measured risk-taking. Mistakes are seen as part of the learning process. The organization is constantly evolving.
- Performance based and results focused: reaching beyond the status quo to achieve the goal of a vibrant thriving New Mexico.
- Empowerment: Assisting people, staff and clients, to solve their own problems, and build their capacity whenever possible. Entrust employees to be innovative and solutions-oriented to create meaningful results.
- Accountability and integrity: Having the courage to take responsibility for the successes and failures of your team. The emphasis is on performance over personality. Honesty and ethical behavior are expected. How results are accomplished is as important as the result.
A vibrant thriving New Mexico where everyone is empowered to achieve their greatest potential.
To advocate for the New Mexico nonprofit sector and to promote, strengthen and connect individual organizations. The result is healthy and effective nonprofits serving their communities in the way they know best through direct services and advocacy.
- We believe nonprofits play an essential role and are an integral part of New Mexico. It takes all of us--government, funders, businesses, faith-based communities, indigenous communities, and nonprofits--coming together to find solutions.
- We believe in looking at the whole picture to understand issues and their impacts to identify solutions that work for everyone.
- We believe in improving quality of life for ALL. We believe education, health care, food, and the basic necessities need to be available, accessible, and affordable.
- We believe arts and cultural organizations are a vital part of our economy and an essential part of who we are.
- We believe in democratizing knowledge and sharing information. By doing this, we can help more people, faster.